|Number of players||2, 3, 4|
|Team or Individual play||Individual|
- Greenies is a side game in which a “greenie” worth a certain amount of money is awarded to every player who manages to land a shot on the green or is closest to the pin. Greenies are only counted on par-3 holes, however.
- A value amount for a greenie is determined before the game begins, e.g., $1, $2, etc.
- The players who land their ball on the green or are closest to the pin earn a greenie if they make par or better.
- If no players land on the green or if the player who was closest to the pin bogeys the hole, then the greenie is carried over to the next par-3 hole.
- For example, Player A’s tee shot lands 4 feet from the pin on a par-3 and happens to be closest to the pin. In that case, Player A would earn a greenie and collect the set amount from the other players, either right then or at the end of the round
- Similarly, if Player A was closest to the pin but made a bogey, then the greenie would be carried over to the next par-3 hole, meaning two greenies would be up for grabs for the winner of the next hole.
- No handicaps are involved in this game.