|Number of players||2, 3, 4+|
|Team or Individual play||Individual|
- Chippies is a very simple side bet placed among golfers in a group. If a player chips in from off the green, they win one unit of the bet.
- The players have to decide how much the chip-ins are worth before the game begins. It can be worth X points or $X.
- Any player who chips in from off the green throughout the round wins the pre-decided amount of money or points.
- The player with the most points at the end of the round wins the game and the pot.
- In some games, players of a group set a distance requirement for a chip-in in order to win the bet. For example, most groups stipulate that the ball must be off the green, including those that are in the fringe but not on the putting surface.
In some games, a player who holes out from off the green wins the bet. However, in other games, only the holes on which the golfer used a standard chipping technique are considered.