|Number of players||2, 3, 4|
|Team or Individual play||Individual|
- The Nicklaus bet is named after famous golf player Jack Nicklaus who was known for being a very long driver. In order to win the Nicklaus bet, a player must hit the longest drive among their group.
- The Nicklaus bet can be played in two ways with two different conditions:
- The winner of the bet is the player who hits the longest drive and also lands the ball in the fairway.
- Another less common way to play this bet is that the winner is the player who hits the longest drive and makes par on that hole too.
- The betting amount is decided among the group before the game commences. It can be $1, for example. In that case, the winner of the bet will get $1 from each player on the winning hole.