|Number of players||4,5|
|Team or Individual play||Team|
- Known as the “toughest game in golf”, the SWAT Tournament is a season-long event that has been played at the Oakmont Country Club, Pennsylvania, since the 1950s.
- Players volunteer to participate in the tournament, and the organizers create teams of four, sometimes five, from these players.
- This tournament is played in match play format, and each team plays one best ball of the foursome against every other team participating.
- Each player’s individual score is also recorded because each team changes over the course of the season, and this allows the club to create more evenly matched teams.
- No handicaps are used in the SWAT Tournament.